August 03, 2018
(1) This transmits updated IRM 1.22.1, Mail and Transportation Management, Mail and Transportation Management Overview.
(1) IRM 126.96.36.199, included subsection, Program Scope and Objectives per Internal Control Requirements; renumbered the areas in like manner
(2) IRM 188.8.131.52.1, included subsection, Governing Policy Guidance per Internal Control prerequisites, once IRM 184.108.40.206 (2), Introduction; isolated third shot into first and second slug, expelled first projectile
(3) IRM 220.127.116.11.2, subsection title, Background, included per Internal Control necessities, previously IRM 18.104.22.168.1, Scope; expelled IRM 22.214.171.124.1 (2)
(4) IRM 126.96.36.199.3, subsection title, References, included per Internal Control necessities, previously IRM 188.8.131.52; (1)(2)(3) are currently (2)(3)(4); (4) is presently (1); IRM 184.108.40.206(1), report names changed for IRS Documents 11933 and 12534; evacuated 39 CFR 310; 39 CFR 320; 41 CFR 101-9; and 41 CFR 102-191
(5) IRM 220.127.116.11, supplanted Strategy and Finance with Capital Management and Oversight; refreshed all through IRM
(6) IRM 18.104.22.168.(3), W&I Strategy and Finance Staff, renamed W&I Capital Management and Oversight
(7) IRM 22.214.171.124.4, Agency Wide Shared Services (AWSS) supplanted with Facilities Management and Security Services (FMSS), refreshed all through IRM
(8) IRM 126.96.36.199.4(2), Replaced Associate Director, Project Management, FMSS with Project Management, Logistics Manager
(9) IRM 188.8.131.52.5, Privacy, Governmental Liaison and Disclosure (PGLD) Office; supplanted IRM 10.4.1, with IRM 10.9.1 in (1); evacuated (2)
(10) IRM 184.108.40.206.5(2), Removed second projectile; added first shot to last sentence in (1)
(11) Editorial changes have been made all through the IRM
Impact on Other Documents
IRM 1.22.1, General Information on Mail Management dated October 15, 2015 is supplanted.
Wage and Investment Division
Program, Scope and Objectives
Reason: This area of the IRM portrays the arrangement necessities overseeing the Mail and Transportation Management Program, and distinguishes and depicts the general jobs for the assigned group of onlookers.
Group of onlookers: This data applies to all IRS workers, and the individuals who are in charge of settling on choices in either mail or transportation administration.
Strategy Owner: The duty of regulating the IRS Mail Transportation Program falls under the heading of the Commissioner, Wage and Investment (W&I).
Program Owner: Distribution Requirements Branch (DRB) is the program office in charge of directing and giving direction to the Mail and Transportation Management.
Overseeing Policy and Guidance
Mail and Transportation Management administering arrangement and direction are:
39 CFR 310, Enforcement of the Private Express Statutes
39 CFR 320, Suspension of the Private Express Statutes
41 CFR 102-192, Mail Management
ups overnight shipping is legel or not
The Mail and Transportation Management Program includes the administration, control and help of mail utilization to address the clients’ issues while limiting expenses. Mail fills in as an essential way to trade data among representatives and their clients. A productive Mail Management Program specifically influences the association with citizens and the picture and notoriety related with the Service.
Related references are:
Joined States Postal Service, Domestic Mail Manual (DMM)
Joined States Postal Service, Mailers Companion
Joined States Postal Service, International Mail Manual (IMM)
IRS Document 12534, Mail Desk Guide Territory Point-of-Contact
IRS Document 12019, IRS Addressing Standards
IRS Publication 4065, IRSTOS – Internal Revenue Service Tender of Service
IRS Document 11933, TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (TMS) User Guide
Mail and Transportation Management data is accessible on the Postal and Transportation Policy Program site athref=http://publish.no.irs.gov/mailtran/PTPHome.html
IRS distributions, archives and structures are accessible on the M&P site at href=http://publish.no.irs.gov.
USPS distributions and structures are accessible through the USPS web site at href=http://www.usps.gov.